Join the Yoga Academy team for a Children’s Yoga Teacher Training & Retreat!
This program is designed for existing school teachers who want to add Children’s yoga to their teaching tool kit.
Our faculty’s extensive years of yoga practice combined with decades of yoga teaching to both children and adults is the perfect offering for hard-working teachers: An opportunity to relax beachside while also learning how to effectively implement yoga into elementary school programming.
We want to give you a refreshing and rejuvenating retreat style experience. Each day will start with an energizing and fun group yoga class, followed by breakfast at our retreat centre. The intensive children’s yoga teacher training program will be interwoven throughout the day and you will have ample opportunity to explore the gorgeous beaches of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica or participate in activities such as surfing, ATV trips, horseback riding or just chill out with a massage.
This Children’s Yoga Teacher Training will touch on:
- Yoga History and Philosophy and how to gear it toward children
- The 8 limbs of yoga and how to discuss them with children
- Introducing children to Pranayama (yogic breath work)
- Teaching Children to meditate
- Incorporating meditation techniques into the classroom
- Yoga asana (poses) for children
- Story telling through yoga
- Music and Mantra
- Designing and sequencing children’s yoga classes
Located on the Nicoya Peninsula, Santa Teresa is a surfer’s and beach seeker’s paradise. Endless miles of coastline for walking and some world-class surfing to catch the waves. With the jungle bordering the beach, hiking is certainly an option for the more intrepid yogi. This place is a paradise located on an almost completely private beach. Santa Teresa is a relaxed and quaint town. Safe, easy to get around and traveler friendly.
Our Children’s Yoga Teacher Training and retreat will take place at Otro Lado Lodge. A blend of Asian and Tropical influence, Otro Lado is just steps away from the surf best beaches in Santa Teresa. Otro Lado Lodge caters to surfers non-surfers alike wanting to experience a relaxing and wellness vacation.
The Children’s Yoga Teacher Training & Retreat includes:
- Your stay at the retreat center for 7 nights
- Shuttle Transfer to Santa Teresa (provided by retreat center)
- Breakfast every day
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Daily Yoga class
- Full Children’s Yoga Training Course for elementary school teachers
- Yoga Academy International Children’s Yoga Teaching Manual
- One add-on activity of choice (ATV tour, Massage, Surf Lesson, Fishing, Horseback riding, Zip lining)
- Flight to Costa Rica
- Some dinners
- Alcohol and specialty beverages
- Items of a personal nature and souvenirs
Investment: $1200USD per person if you come with a friend $1550USD for a solo yogi